OUR SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
BELIEVE AND CONQUER
The two bees on the coat of arms represent industriousness and the cross between the two bees represents our faith.
Altyd nog bly dit ons strewe
Om die arbeid van die dag
Sterk en sonder hand wat bewe
Uit te voer en nooit te wag
Omdat plig en trou ons trots is
In ons werk en in ons spel
Sal ons met die oog na bo
Stry vir dit waarin ons glo.
Muskiek en woorde deur :
Mr O.A van der Stoep
Laerskool Queenswood’s MISSION is to provide excellent and relevant education to all its learners.
Our VISION is to create an environment through excellent education and teaching in which every child can develop happily and according to his or her potential.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHOOL
- The maintenance, protection and promotion of values and religious equality of the individual;
- Teaching through medium in Afrikaans and English;
- Maintaining high teaching and academic standards;
- The education of learners to be responsible citizens;
- Offering a variety of extracurricular activities:
- The identification and development of learners' leadership skills;
- The development and protection of the character and ethos of the school and the motto - "Believe and Conquer";
- The development of the full potential and skills of the members of the teaching staff in all areas of their profession;
- Maintaining and building a healthy partnership between parent, teacher and education authority and the recognition and encouragement of parental involvement;
- The establishment of a communication structure between parents and other stakeholders;
- Promoting a healthy family as a basis for a healthy community;
- The establishment of sufficient financial resources in order to achieve goals.